Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaching follow-up

I really enjoyed the first video about student learning! The whole idea about questioning student’s misconceptions makes a lot of sense. I often times find this true in history. My students do not learn theories or formulas but events and stories. I would 100% agree with the fact that students tend to zone out if they feel like they know the material already and actually miss learning the truth.
 
I really enjoyed seeing the "interviews" on the questions that we had to answer. When asked the questions on the first day of class I honestly could not recall the information. I felt like it was familiar but I could not really pin point the exact answer. I see that I was in fact wrong with my guesses. I can definitely relate to the people in the video, which means I am not the only one. Not only am I not the only one in the US but apparently in Australia too! I think that questioning the misconceptions is a great place to start. I just do not know how this would be achieved successfully. I guess a starting place is to know what misconceptions they have and go from there I will most definitely keep this in mind as I am creating lesson plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment