Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review Objectives

My original objectives:

1. Understand all the inter workings of what Web 2.0 is about. I would like to learn how to really use the web to interact through and not just as an information source.

2. Effectively use technology to reach my 21st century learners. Technology is such a huge part of children's lives and I want to be able to use it to effectively reach them in the classroom. I hope that this web 2.0 class can give me some great ideas to use in my classroom. 


3. Get more experience with using social media sites regularly. I am very comfortable with sites like Facebook and Youtube. Through this course, I hope to become more experienced in using other forms of social media like blogging. I also hope to learn more about what other sites are out there besides the mainstream ones.


4. Experience and understand the positives and negatives to using web 2.0 and social media sites to communicate. I have an idea of some of these already. However, I feel that physically using these things will show something's that I might not have known otherwise.     


I feel like my original goals were appropriate to what Web 2.0 is. I have a much larger understanding of what 2.0 actually is. Before taking this class I could probably guess but I didn't really know what web 2.0. I find myself a lot asking my self if what I am doing could be web 2.0. I am more in tune to what it is. I most definitely have learned more about how to reach my 21st century learners. Sites, accounts, and tips that I have learned from this class I will take with me. I have also most certainly become more acquainted with social media sites, more then I even knew  what out there. I could work on figuring out the positives and negatives to some of the sites we have used. Overall, I have been pleased with my experience so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment