Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Michael Wesch Video 2

   WOW...first of all what an awesome class to be able to take as an undergrad. I think that Michael Wesch is great. His video's are so informative and really make you stop and think about your place in the world. There were so many things that I got and am thinking about after watching this video. I really like the idea of participant observation and believe that this class does just that. Instead of studying about what blogging, twitter, or vlogging is we do it! I believe that it is an excellent way to learn and really immerse oneself.
    I also agreed with many of the things he said about blogging. I could completely connect with all of those first time bloggers. I felt some of the exact same things. It continues to blow my mind that a little web cam or camera can really make you feel nervous or "like you don't know what to say". It makes perfect sense that some people show a completely different side to themselves. It is crazy to me that some of the most shy people are willing to video themselves and actually click upload for thousands possibly millions of people to see.
    I truly believe that the creators of youtube are genus's. And I think my favorite part of the entire talk was the section on the phenomenon of Youtube. I see all the time the remakes of videos and it literally is a phenomenon. It becomes so catchy to do your own version. And it is not just 1 person but 1,000 people remaking it. It is truly unbelievable.  I think that youtube is one of the greatest examples of web 2.0. Partly because you can see and hear actual people but also partly because it connects the world. Regardless of what language you speak, or what culture one comes from everyone can connect to youtube. It is absolutely amazing. This has been my favorite video from this class so far!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment