Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blogging


This class has been extremely helpful and informative thus far. I have really enjoyed completing the tasks set before me. Some of the videos that have been attached to our assignments I have even shown to other teachers because I enjoy them so much. I have done quite a bit of things that I had never even attempted before. Like blogging, Tweeting, creating video blogs via Youtube, digging & editing Wikipedia.
I have really been able to become more in tune with social networking and really understand what Web 2.0 is. This class has also allowed me to broaden my definition of what social networking is. It is amazing how connected the entire world actually is. Before this class, I had only used the Internet to find out information or get onto facebook. Now I understand more about what it has to offer and how I can be better connected to others. I guess I understood blogs and forums but did not really understand them until I actually used them myself. I had a lot of preconceived thoughts about bloging, tweeting, and Wikipedia. It is nice to not have them anymore because I know what they are all about.
            I am the type of person that sometimes needs to be pushed to try new things. I consider myself open-minded but not someone who will try new things on my own will. Therefore, I am glad that I am apart of a class that really pushes me to expand my horizons. Some sites/tools that I have found useful are: Schoology, Blogger, Twitter, Pintrest, Box, Glogster, Edmodo & Wikipedia.
            Other than getting use to blogging and tweeting, I have also been challenged with completing video blogs. This was probably one of the hardest things to get use to doing. The more I do it the better it gets. I never really understood how hard it was to talk to a camera. You would assume that it wouldn’t be that difficult because no one is watching you while you do it but, its not. The first couple times I videoed myself I did not want to watch them back. Nevertheless, I did and it was just as bad as I had imagined it would be! However, the more I do it the more I am getting ok with it. I have enjoyed thinking of things to show about my life. I am not crazy about getting in front of the camera but I will do it. One thing that I really enjoyed and wished I could have seen before I did mine was the last Michael Wesch video. I really like the part about his class completing video blogs. It made me feel connected because mine was the same way!
            I have really enjoyed the tasks that I have completed. I am excited to be nearing the end but know that I will have a different outlook on the Internet as a whole. I will also have a different outlook on Web 2.0 and its use’s and share that with others that I meet.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you on that last Michael Wesch video! Seeing him and his students struggle with the videos made me feel better about it, too!

    ReplyDelete